Parental Control Software for Smartphones Called Ignore No More
I absolutely love this new parental control app for Android powered smartphones that is designed to put an end to children ignoring phone calls and text messages from their parents. As a parent, I can tell you that not only can it be annoying when I call my kids and they don’t answer, it can also be quite worrisome. Sure, in most cases, when a child doesn’t answer their phone, they’re probably on the line with a friend and they’re just ignoring you but when this happens, the natural tendency is for a parent to wonder if something is wrong that might be preventing them from answering their phone.
Well, there’s a brand new app out called “Ignore No More” that is designed to put an end to kids tendency to ignore their parent’s phone calls or text messages.
Here’s How It Works
- You install the Ignore No More application onto your phone. The current price is only $1.99 per phone and it must be running Google Android 3.0 or newer.
- You launch the app on your phone and create a “parent account”.
- You then install the software on your child’s phone and login using your newly parent created account to register their device as a “child”.
- If you call or text your child and they keep ignoring your calls, you can simply lock their phone from the screen on your phone with a four digit code. Once you do this, they can’t call anyone, they can’t receive any calls, they can’t text, they can’t listen to music, they can’t play games, and they can’t use the internet. They pretty much can’t do anything until they call you back and you release the lock.
- When they call you back, you simply tell them the four digit password and they can unlock their phone again and begin using it like they normally would. You can also unlock their phone from your device if you prefer.
What About Emergencies?
You have the ability to assign certain numbers as emergency contact numbers from within the app. Even if you have locked your child’s phone, they will still be able to call any number that you have designated as an emergency contact. Additionally, your child can always call 911 in an emergency even if you have locked their phone using the application.
What’s To Keep You Child From Uninstalling The App?
The software can’t be uninstalled unless the parent account username and password are provided. You should never give this information to your children so without it, they can’t uninstall the app.
Where Can You Get This App?
At the time this article was written, the application is only available for smartphones that are running the Android operating system so you can download it from Google Play if you would like to. Just type “Ignore No More” into the search box and you’ll find it.
If you do purchase this app, be sure that you follow their setup instructions precisely. They can be found on ignorenomoreapp.com. There is also a very handy FAQ page on their website.
Like I mentioned above, I really love the concept of this application and I think it will encourage more developers to design other innovative parental control apps in the future.