A Simple Handy Tip for Your iPhone or iPad Home Screen
If you’ve ever been using your iPhone or iPad and you found a website that you really liked and one that you planned on returning to often, it’s very easy to place a shortcut icon to it right on the home screen of your device. Sure, you can always just bookmark the website in Safari but for sites that you really like, putting shortcuts to them on your home screen can make visiting those websites anytime you would like to really quick and convenient.
In today’s article, I’ll show exactly how to do this and I’ll even include some screenshots of me doing this on my iPad.
- First, you use Safari to go to the website that you would like to create an icon for. This works with any website but I should point out that if the website owner hasn’t created a special icon that is designed to display properly on an iPad or iPhone, the icon that gets created will just look like a miniature version of the page that you were on when you created the home screen icon.
- Next, you tap the little image that looks like an envelope with an arrow pointing to the address bar of your Safari web browser.
- This will make a popup appear with several options to chose from. The one you’ll want to choose if you want the icon to appear on your device’s home screen is the one that is labeled “Add to Home Screen”.
- Once you tap that option, another popup will appear that will show you a preview of how the icon will look on your screen and on this popup window, you also get the chance to choose the name that will display below the icon. Keep in mind that you are limited to how many letters you can use in the name. For example, on my iPad, the limit seems to be 13 characters and a space does count as a character.
- After you’ve named the icon, simply tap the “Add” button and the icon will instantly be added to the home screen of the Apple device that you’re using at the moment.
- Now, whenever you want to visit that particular website, just tap its icon and Safari will automatically open and immediately take you to the website.
This handy little tip can save you a bit of time and make your Apple device a little more convenient to use. I hope you enjoyed learning about it
Don’t Leave Just Yet!
If you’re an iPhone or iPad user, you should probably take a minute and read this article before you leave: A Potential iPhone Security Vulnerability Reported. It contains some information that could save you a lot of problems in the future.